Tuesday December 22nd was officially the first day of the Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. I don't know about where you are, but I'm currently visiting my Grandma in China and it's been pretty chilly! One of my favourite things to do is taking hot baths in winter! LONG. HOT. BATHS.
To tell you a secret - my skin has the tendency to get really dry and flakey during the colder months of the year. That's why coconut milk baths are my saving grace.
My love affair with coconut continues. Coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut meat, coconut water. It's honestly one of my favourite things! We all know the world wide obsession with coconut oil at the moment, but coconut milk is incredible nourishing for your skin too! It's rich in protein and vitamins. It's a gentle exfoliator. Plus, the high fat content makes coconut milk incredibly hydrating to our skin. Honey is another amazing beautiful gift from the earth - a natural antibacterial ingredient that heals, soothes and moisturizes.
This honey rose coconut milk bath is so easy to make you can prepare it at home in your kitchen minutes before your evening soak after a long tiring day. I hope you enjoy! :)
- 1 cup of warm coconut milk (mix well)
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 2 tbs pink himalayan or sea salt
- rose petals
- 5-10 drops of rose essential oil
- In a medium size bowl, heat one cup of coconut milk in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add 2 tbs of raw honey, 2 tbs of pink himalayan or sea salt (whatever you have available) and 5-10 drops of rose essential oil.
- Give it a little stir to make sure the honey is melted.
- Pour the honey rose coconut in a tub full of very warm water.
- Mix the milk and water well and sprinkle your bath with rose petals. Relax and enjoy!