I love adding a handful of fruit to my salads and grain bowls. There's just something about the sweet and savoury flavour contrast that tickles my taste buds. Today's quinoa bowl is packed with kale massaged in balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil, baked sweet potatoes, white quinoa, grilled asparagus and raw radish in lemon juice topped with slices of sweet summer peaches (I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but I like my peaches crunchy!). I hope you enjoy today's recipe!
Quinoa veggie bowl with summer peaches
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- curly kale (leaves off stem)
- baked sweet potatoes (thinly sliced)
- baked asparagus (trimmed)
- radish (thinly sliced)
- lemon (juiced)
- peaches (sliced)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook 1/2 of quinoa with 1 cup of water on stove top or rice cooker.
- Coat sweet potatoes and asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- In the time being, massage kale with 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Slice 3-4 radishes and mix with the juice of 1/2 lemon in a bowl.
- Once quinoa, sweet potatoes and the asparagus are cooked, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and top with fresh peaches. Serve and enjoy!