Rice noodles make a light and delicious cold noodle dish in the summer months. I like to dress my noodles with colourful seasonal vegetables, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Make them as simple or as elaborate as you like - this is just another simple take on how I ate my broccoli rabe!
- Bring water to boil in a pot and cook rice noodles per instruction on packet.
- In the meantime, heat a wok or frying pan with olive oil and garlic and sautee on medium-high heat for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli rabe stems and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Strain rice noodles and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- In sauce dish, combine 1 tspn sesame seed oil with 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- In a bowl, combine rice noodles, broccoli rabe stems, red onions, hemp hearts, salt and pepper. Garnish with broccoli rabe and serve with sesame soy sauce mix and sides of shaved carrot and pickled red cabbage.
- broccoli rabe stems
- broccoli rabe flowers
- rice noodles
- pot of water
- garlic (minced)
- red onion (thinly sliced)
- carrots (shaved)
- pickled red cabbage
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- salt and pepper