I can't believe how fast this year has gone by... The holiday season is around the corner, which means more food, more parties and more celebrations! I'm so excited to be working with Kenmore to bring you some of my party hosting tips for the festive season!
I think the key to hosting any memorable dinner party lies in three areas: beautiful drinks, interesting food and gorgeous desserts. The visual aspect is very important and I always try to pique everyone's interest by either sourcing unusual ingredients or using normal ingredients in an unusual way.
Eggplants are not only healthy, but they also make a fantastic base for mini pizzas... Which makes it all the pizza, but none of the carbs! There is no guilt this year ladies, only pleasure! Try these mini eggplant pizzas if you need some dinner hosting inspiration. These make a cute, delicious and easy to share appetizer dish that will please all eyes and tummies. This recipe is also vegan, plant-based and gluten free.
- eggplants/brinjals (thinly sliced - thin and longish eggplants work best)
- tomato paste
- sweet corn
- red onion
- fresh thyme
- fresh mint
- sea salt
- olive oil
- After washing and drying the eggplant, slice into thin slices and lay them on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius.
- Take out the eggplant slices and layer with tomato paste - I found an amazing tomato chili paste which gives the flavor a little zing!
- Top with your desired toppings (I used garlic, mushroom, sweet corn, red onion fresh mint and thyme).
- Place back in oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!