I think summer time is all about treating yourself.... Think ice cream, smoothies and COOKIES. If you follow me on Instagram, chances are you would probably understand my love for all things coconut and matcha by now. I'm sitting inside the New York Public Library as I write this, dreaming of the three pieces of cookies (out of 24) that we still have in the kitchen. If you're not already a matcha fan, prepare to be converted with these vegan coconut matcha and white chocolate chip cookies! Best paired with fresh fruit and warm, freshly whisked matcha tea. I hope you enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (makes 24 cookies)
- 1 1/4 cups coconut flour
- 4 scoops Panatea matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup raw brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbs baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking trays with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and matcha powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, raw organic honey, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flax egg until combined.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture, coconut flakes and white chocolate chips together until evenly distributed.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls, shaping and flattening slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.