Today I made the Food Babe's "melt in your mouth kale salad" and I have arrived in kale heaven. For this recipe, I kept the kale stems on and substituted the toasted pine nuts with roasted almonds and the currants with dried cranberries. Sweet, salty, sour, astringent, bitter and pungent, Vani wasn't kidding when she said that every flavour profile is represented in this recipe!
INGREDIENTS (please choose organic whenever possible)
- 1 bunch of kale
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ cup roasted sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp grated raw parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In Vani's recipe, she used a food processor, but I just chopped the kale (stem on) into fine bite sized pieces.
- To make dressing, stir lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a large bowl
- Add chopped kale, dried cranberries, sliced almonds and parmesan cheese into bowl with dressing
- Stir all ingredients together and serve.